- BFA Membership StatusFull
- UK Years Established24 years
- Current UK Coverage60%
- Franchisee Support Staff16
- Personal Investment Req.£8,995
- Total Startup Cost£20,000 approx
- Home-based business locationYes
- Business to consumer servicesYes
- Franchisee operates individuallyYes
Keeping your pet cool and safe this summer
OSCAR understand how important your pet and their health is to you. For that reason they have put together some tips to help you and your pet enjoy a fun-filled, safe and happy time throughout the summer months.
We’re all aware of the dangers of leaving beloved pets in hot cars. Yet, every year, we continue to hear of dogs suffering needlessly because of being abandoned in a closed car. Even a few moments can leave your dog suffering. The best advice we can give is never to leave them in the car. Plan ahead and take your dog with you rather than leaving them trapped in your car.
Dogs, cats and small animals can easily over heat in hot weather. Make sure you can recognise the signs of overheating in pets...
- Excessive panting
- Increased salivation
- In serious cases: vomiting & diarrhoea
If your pet shows any of these signs, you must contact your veterinary practice immediately.
- Hot weather brings along an increase in the numbers of insects, such as flea’s, worms or ticks which can cause problems. Prevention is better than cure and OSCAR can supply you with all the right treatments to keep the bugs away.
- Grooming - in the summer you need to pay extra attention to brushing and combing your pet’s coat. Removing any loose hair and tangles will help them to feel clean and fresh.
- Water – plenty of it! Always make sure that their water bowls are full of fresh, clean, cool water. Never go out for a walk without taking water with you.
- Keep your pet in the shade or in a cool area at all times - overheating is dangerous.
- Pets with pale skin really do need to wear a sun block – especially on their nose and ears.
- Heat exhaustion is a little like sunstroke – if your pet is panting excessively, drooling and restless you must slowly cool it down and then go to the vet.
- Timing your walks to the early morning or evening when it is coolest, means that you can introduce more vigorous exercise, such as retrieve games, allowing your pet to exercise without over heating.
Come rain or shine it’s cool to be connected with OSCAR Pet Foods, click below to request your FREE franchise information pack
Why buy a resale business?
An established resale franchise is a positive investment. They become available from time to time, offering a solid foundation you can maintain and build on successfully.
What Our Franchisees Say
The OSCAR Training Scheme embraces all the skills required to build a successful business, and can be tailored to suit individual strengths and weaknesses. The training will have a positive impact on the business if there exists a determination and drive to implement it fully from day one.Frank Newsome - OSCAR Pet Foods - Wrexham
From building society management to managing my own business - my future was secured by the OSCAR brand, the OSCAR support and their friendliness.Tracey Marsh - OSCAR Pet Foods - Lewes
I had the desire to work for myself but wanted the reassurance of not going totally alone. I liked the OSCAR approach – taking every opportunity to speak with other franchisees before making my final decision.Kim Stanier - OSCAR Pet Foods - Birmingham
Why Choose Us
Van (contract hire) ready to drive away including full colour livery with reflective branding, rear display racking and deposit paid
Professional Microchipping Course including starter pack with scanner
PR launch with full support including a competition with a local publication
Related Franchise Categories
Related Franchise Types