- BFA Membership Status-
- UK Years Established13 years
- Current UK Coverage60%
- Franchisee Support Staff7
- Personal Investment Req.£7,500
- Total Startup Cost£17,500
- Territory-based business locationYes
- Business to business servicesYes
- Franchisee operates individuallyYes
Choosing the right franchise
The Clear Brew Franchise is a successful Beer Line Cleaning Business. Clear Brew have been operating from their head office in Cornwall for over a decade and they are now happy to offer franchise opportunities to those who would like to become a part of the Clear Brew family.
Hear from Roy Young, General Manager of Clear Brew as he talks about how to choose the right franchise.
The New Year is upon us and fears of Brexit and what the financial future holds may leave many wishing to have greater control of their own destiny by running their own ready-made business in the form of a franchise.
The fact that this is the chosen route for those wanting to be their own operator already suggests that they are understanding of the challenges that face new business owners.
Most new businesses fail, so the concept of adopting a successful business model makes complete sense. However, choosing a franchise can be a minefield, so it is suggested that you carry out some important research before deciding on the right franchise:
- Evaluate its commercial viability for the future i.e. does it operate in a market place that is immune to some of the dramatic political and economic changes facing the UK.
- Research the size of the market sector it operates within and how much competition exists. It is no surprise that many franchises are in the cleaning sector, as the sector has an ongoing demand and has room for many operators, whilst requiring a minimal amount of ongoing costs.
- Establish the franchisors future plans for the entire network, is their business model focused on generating income from selling one off franchise packages or are they committed to growing the entire network.
- Speak to current franchisees (ones chosen by you) to establish just how much support you are given and establish some of the challenges they faced when starting out.
- Research the background of the franchisor and what makes them tick. Try to establish their work ethic and desire to succeed, this often reflects their commitment to the franchise group.
- Evaluate the support given, establish the cost this equates to and align this alongside material and tangible costs, this will enable you to determine if the franchise you are about to purchase is value for money. Many franchise models place too high a cost on the initial franchise and are seen to promote a new, untested idea, through the franchise model. This is akin to starting a new business and as already mentioned, comes with a high failure rate.
- Be prepared to be assessed by the franchisor. A good franchisor will be frank and honest in their views and reject you if they feel you are setting yourself up for failure or do not meet their long-term objectives for the group.
- Be honest with yourself, it is always an exciting prospect starting up your own business, but do you have the drive and commitment it takes to make it a success. Even the most successful and established franchise models require commitment from those taking them on.
- Establish if there is a potential to resell the franchise, just in case your personal circumstance change.
Find out more about the Clear Brew Franchise by clicking below now!
Be your own boss in 2019
A new year is upon us and that means dragging yourself out of bed and getting back on the work treadmill, where you continue to take instruction, have little input and therefore lack motivation. These are just some of the things the workforce is faced wit
What Our Franchisees Say
Twelve months in and I can certainly say it’s the best decision I have made in terms of work. Clear Brew provide a regular and dedicated professional beer line cleaning service. We clean both keg and cask lines providing a fully managed service designed to maintain quality on a regular repeat 3 weekly cycle.Mick Woods, Clear Brew Preston
After meeting Steve and being impressed with the Clear Brew concept I decided to jump in and join the Clear Brew family. The work/life balance is amazing with working pretty much mornings only and having the rest of the day free if I want.Alex Steer, Clear Brew Plymouth
The variety of clients and venues keeps it interesting and fun, I am making a comfortable living as an owner/operator in less than 6 months, and with the size of my territory and the margins available I will be able to grow the business and further increase my income by taking on staff. I now have time to enjoy life!!!”Alan Chick, Clear Brew Taunton
Why Choose Us
The franchise offers a vital repeat service to your customers, regardless of the state of the economy
Low overheads and an excellent daily cash flow,
Run your business from home
Related Franchise Categories
Related Franchise Types